Apr 26, 2011

of music

What do you do when you need inspiration?

Being someone who depends (kinda) on my own drawing for the living, I need inspirations almost everytime. Which doesn't always happen. Other than being artsy, I am kind of moody. Good mood is essential.

When seeking inspirations or good mood, first thing I run to is music


I must be that sort of weird girl who sees things when listening to instrumental music, but yes, I do. I listen to Yiruma (his soothing piano is.. soothing...) and depapepe (I love how cheerful their songs are, and yes, they're playing guitar).

My newest finding is Yann Tiersen. He is absolutely adorable, which later I found was the one who created the whole soundtrack for "La Valse d'Amelie"

I can't remember which song but when I listened to his songs few days ago, I had this vision of a girl, running in a forest, dark one, and she was dancing under the moonlight (while running, who knows, it's random). So yeah, I tried to put it to canvas.


Not exactly what I've envisioned but yeah, close enough. Instead of running under the moonlight I think she created magic for herself. I love how music can make me do something cool, lol.

What do you do when you need inspiration?

2 comments:

  1. I love your artwork... but it's not like you didn't know that :) When I need inspiration for my designs, I usually need to be doing something by myself. If i go for a walk or go to a coffee shop by myself where i can clear my head and just think... i can usually come up with something. ;) I'm a pretty social person so being by myself is out of the ordinary but it's nice to do that sometimes, i get so much more work done. haha! Keep getting inspired, Tiara! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love the dancing moonlight!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

thank you for coming and leaving a comment! Yay! O(≧∇≦)O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...