Aug 28, 2012

When in Seoul pt.2 - Edae




I should be writing my thesis proposal right now, but I think I just want to continue with the 2nd part first... You know, blogging is like therapeutic, eh? Despite the craziness of the thesis-making I am in right now, I find peace in writing a blog post.

Funny how both are writing but so very different. lol.

Anyways, second part I'll be talking about Edae. Remember the first part? Yes, Hongdae. Are you questioning now if all places in Korea ended with a 'dae'? kkk~ let me do a little explain, 'dae' is a short from dae-hak-gyo (대 학교) which means university. Hongdae was a short form of Hongik Daehakgyo, and Edae is a short form of Ewha Yoja Daehakgyo (이화여자대학교) /ewha women university.

Got that?

Koreans love to shorten words, lol.

Since Ewha is a women university, there are like hella lots of girly frilly boutiques for your girly needs! This place is like my favorite place to shop, because everything was so cheap too! :D



Like I've said, coffe shop is everywhere, and Coffee Bean is like one of the biggest so... 

It was early when I went there (and by early, I meant 1 o'clock)

I'm so loving the neat street. Edae, in my opinion is simpler than Hongdae. Man, I really love this place!

Make up, shoes, bags, everything you need, girls!

They not only sells inside the building, even street vendors sell cute stuff! I mean, look at those bags!

I've told you, right? Girly frilly boutiques. I wasn't kidding when I said that.

Shoes shoes shoes! More shoes if you walk further down the lane!

Even without the color editing, this place screams pinky-peach to me. Femininity overload!

Shoes on SALE!

Cute cute cute stationary! I didn't bring much money I couldn't buy them on my first visit*Sobs*

More cute stationary, say hello to Choo Choo Cat~!

Oh gosh, another frilly boutiques! I can just stare at it all day and probably be happy enough.

What else could you ask for? Loads of cute stuffs on SALE!

 All in all, like I've repeatedly said, this place is my favorite. If you're wondering why isn't there any pictures of me in the photos, well... it's because I went there adventuring alone so... yeah. No no, I am not antisocial, I love hanging out with friends, as much as I love going around alone like a cat marking its territory, kkkk~ plus I can't really imagine going there with the boys, haha...

I really, like really really love wandering around, seeing new parts of the city or just any place I didn't know and find pretty stuffs. The chance to see new places is like something I really treasure and thankful for. There are like gazilion of places I've yet to visit on my wish list, but this little project my blogger friend, Nikolett, holds give me more chances to see places I never know about.

No, she's not giving away free tickets to go around the world (I wish she will, though -lolololol), but this project is a close one! Postcard Project is an adorable little project that will 1.) lets you see a new place through postcards, 2.) lets you find new friends

So what are you waiting for? Aren't you excited for this? Oh because I know I am ;)


5 comments:

  1. I love the boutiques! They are amazing postcard project sounds fun!! Gonna check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, great pictures Tiara! I would love to visit too and buy lots of dresses and stationery! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh all the coffee shops and the shoes and the stationary ... I would be in heaven there. Looks SO amazing! And thanks for spreading the word about the postcard project, you are oh so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots! Oh, I really want to go to a korean coffeeshop now. It must be amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Found this blog while looking for some photos of Inha Summschool 2012. Perhaps you don't know me... but I was your fellow Inha Summschool 2012 student. And also from Indonesia. hahaha :)

    Just wanna shout: I stayed at Edae area for a week before our school started!! So I am really familiar with every corner captured in your pictures. Yes, Edae area was so beautiful, and this blog entry really brings back those memories :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for coming and leaving a comment! Yay! O(≧∇≦)O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...